Open Positions @ Portfolio+ Inc.
Technical Support Analyst
Portfolio+ Inc. has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Technical Support Analyst.
As a Technical Support Analyst, you will be responsible for a variety of computer systems related to technical activities.These activities include creating, writing, reviewing, and modifying computer software, advising on the best approach to application and process changes and improvements, some database administration tasks, and some operating system tasks.
In this role, you will collect and research information regarding the performance of software and application functions, and work on improving its efficiency. Encoding, debugging, testing and documenting software programs are other tasks of the Technical Support Analyst. Additionally, you may be required to be the technical infrastructure liaison between Portfolio+ and Portfolio+ clients.
The Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Understand Database functions, efficiency settings, and integration with applications.
- Perform wide range of activities associated with application analysis, programming and design functions.
- Develop, understand, improve installation and operational procedures for various requirements like hardware, security, software storage, network, and communication systems.
- Provide daily operation support and handle multiple implementation projects in parallel.
- Work towards modifying and understanding operating interrelationships between operating systems and business applications.
- Develop specifications for communication systems, network, and software and hardware configurations.
- Developing or acquiring test data, testing and debugging to produce required results and revising the programs.
- Serve as a consultant and subject matter expert to clients and internal teams to provide technical expertise.
- Setup workshops with the institutions to discuss operational and technical requirements for the new projects and facilitate new program installations.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support role within the software, financial or information services industry.
- Knowledgeable in the development life cycle and use of one or more of the following: Java, C#, .NET, Web Services, SonicMO, ActiveMO, Eclipse, XML, and also comfortable with Operating System scripting languages.
- Experienced with RDBMS databases such as Oracle, and SQL required.
- Strong ability to comprehend and troubleshoot complex technical issues (i.e. experience with troubleshooting windows, Linux applications and network applications).
- You are a quick learner who thrives working in a fast paced working environment and is able to be engaged in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Passionate in helping clients with understanding their needs and developing new innovative solutions.
- Attentive to detail with creating instructions and effective documentation.
- Demonstrates confidence, good judgment, and initiative in making decisions.
- Ability to present and interact in a professional manner with clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
At Portfolio+ Inc., we are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and diverse by fostering an accessible environment, where all employees, clients, and visitors feel valued, respected and supported. Should you require this job posting in an accessible format, please contact us and we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
If you believe you are the right person for this role, please send your resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the specific requirements for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you include the job title in the subject line.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Important: Please ensure that the subject of your email includes title of the position you are applying for.